Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Vegan recipes from Food Network!

My all time biggest inspiration has to be Chloe Coscarelli who was the first vegan who won Cupcake Wars! Quite a few vegan bakeries actually compete but few win, and even fewer post the recipes they competed with online so I really appreciate Chloe's website! I have her first cookbook and am going to buy her dessert cookbook which just came out this month. Recipes and more at http://chefchloe.com/vegan-recipes.html and episode review and pic credit to http://archives.quarrygirl.com/2010/06/22/vegan-cupcakes-ftw-chloe-coscarellis-huge-food-network-victory/

Picture of Black Bean Lasagna Recipe
Next up has to be Trisha Yearwood's Black Bean Lasagna. I'm not a big fan of Southern cooking, but I watch her show just in case, and I'm glad that I did because the whole entire episode was vegan! She won me over with making using tofu ricotta with nutritional yeast on national television. These are seemingly secret vegan cooking methods that hardly anyone knows about so I was really moved almost to tears that she showcased this alternative on her show. I'm so happy that families like hers have a Veggie Night every now and then and because of this episode I am hopeful that other families who don't have one yet will try it! Recipe here http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/trisha-yearwood/black-bean-lasagna-recipe/index.html

Picture of Chocolate-Avocado Mousse Recipe
More dessert from guess who? Giada De Laurentiis! As a big fan of her show, I would recognize that clean, beautiful presentation anywhere, but little did I know one exciting fact. In the episode, she revealed that her mom is vegetarian. I wonder if she knows Chloe Coscarelli? With things like Italian sausage and pepperoni, Italian vegetarians is something I had not heard of until Chef Chloe. The only qualm I would have about this recipe is that I'm guessing it must be consumed within a couple of days or less otherwise I imagine the avocado would spoil fast like it usually does but when I feel like melting chocolate I definitely want to try this recipe. Thanks Giada! Recipe here http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/chocolate-avocado-mousse-recipe/index.html

Picture of Pierogies Recipe
One recipe I've been dying to try is these Pierogis. I was pretty moved when I saw them in Home Made in America with Sunny Anderson because they were made by a woman who is also named Kathleen. Even better, she said she uses them as payment to get heads to help on her horse rescue farm, and at the time I was really into a farming game on Nintendo 3DS, so I felt we were intensely related, though I was only farming in a game xD. Recipe here http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/pierogies-recipe/index.html

Picture of Veggie Chili Recipe
Lastly is this vegan chili also from horse rescue farm home cook Kathleen <3. I think about it every now and then because of how satisfying the meat eating farm helpers said it was in the episode. When I can gather the numerous amount of ingredients used to make this chili flavorful and hearty, I really look forward to putting it together. Two Kathleen's making vegan chili ftw! Recipe here http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/veggie-chili-recipe/index.html


No comments:

Post a Comment